AWS Accelerates Service Expansions Amazon Web Services (AWS), spent the first half this month expanding global access to many of its services. The second half was no different. Here’s a list of the most recent AWS service expansions.
- The company also added support for AWS Deep Learning AMIs from its Ohio, Sydney and Tokyo regions.
- AWS Batch can now be used in Ohio, London Frankfurt, Sydney, Tokyo and Frankfurt.
- Amazon Athena is also available in the Tokyo region.
- Amazon RDS can now be run via the Sao Paulo region using the general-purpose M4 family.
- AWS Lambda as well as the Amazon API Gateway are now available in the Canada region.
- Amazon Aurora is now supported in the Frankfurt region, which now has three availability areas.
- AWS Greengrass is also available in the Frankfurt region and Sydney.
- AWS CodePipeline, CodeBuild and Codeline are now available in three new regions: San Francisco (USA), Canada (UK) and London (UK).
- AWS CodeCommit is now supported in Canada and Mumbai.
- AWS is also expanding the availability of its Direct Connect service for users in Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and other locations.
AWS announced recently that it will be expanding its cloud infrastructure by adding two additional regions to its cloud infrastructure, one in Hong Kong and the other in the eastern United States. Both regions are expected to open by next year.